The Let’s Go Fido! Level 1 classes
Congratulations on choosing your pass and having attended the orientation session, you and your dog are truly on your way.
Level 1 ensures each client has a sound understanding of how to train any behaviour.
We introduce the concept of generalising skills and training for distractions, duration, and distance.
Level 1 Skills to be mastered by the owner-dog team are
- Your pup/ dog responds to their owner calling their name with mild distractions around
- Your pup/dog is able to follow your cue to sit both in front of, beside and between the owner’s legs
- Your pup dog can follow your cue to drop with or without a lure
- Your pup/dog can follow your cue to come to you when called 5m away with mild distractions around
- Your pup/ dog remains calm whilst you hold their collar
- You can calm your pup/ dog down and maintain this calm after play
- Your pup will offer two feet up or a chin rest to allow you to handle and brush them
- You can play tug with your pup and your pup will swap out their toy for another quickly
- You and your pup can walk with a loose lead over a 5 m distance with mild distractions around