What our Nosework foundation course covers
- How to bring out your dogs sniffing drive
- Using boxes to introduce scent detection
- The power of the primary reward
- Observing and interpreting your dog signs when they are searching
- Searching interior and exteriors
- Pairing target odours
- Handling skills
- How scent moves
Who can do scent work?
- Dogs who spend their whole lives sniffing our favourites
- Any dog, even dogs who cant participate in other dogs sports or classes due to reactivity or mobility
- Timid, shy or fearful dogs
- Young and busy pups/dogs
All runs are held one dog at a time. Meaning when you dog is not searching and sniffing , they must be resting in a crate. This means your dog must be comfortable in a crate.
Classes are held in Hunters Hill and Willoughby on Saturdays. Classes are 1.5 hours long and courses run for 3 weeks. Costs $200 Dogs and owners, Owners only (2 per class) $50. Max dogs per class is 3.
You will need to prepare your dog and crate train them.